Calling all illustrators, photographers, content creators, mixed media artists and designers! We are giving you the amazing opportunity to show off your creative skills and create visual content that brings our brand to life. You can submit static images, lifestyle photos, (:30) sec video lifestyle ads, and/or (:15) sec Instagram or Facebook stories. Reel Sportswear products must be the center of each content piece and should include outdoor or fishing related elements that communicate a love for sport of fishing, the outdoors or conservation.
A minimum of five (3) pieces (and up to 5) of content pieces will be chosen from this brief and selected content creators will receive a Reel Sportswear gift card valued at $250. The selected submissions will be featured on Reel Sportswear’s social channels and receive exposure from their global community of fans and athletes. In addition, selected creators will be offered a position on our Content Creators team.
PLEASE NOTE: The Creators Contest offers briefs for both video and static images. Both content types are considered separate from one another but both will live under the same visual world, so feel free to submit to both! Before starting on your submission, please read the ‘THINGS TO CONSIDER’ section below.
Before creating your content piece, please read the BRIEFING DOCUMENT below, download the ASSET PACK and consider the following:
• Reel Sportswear is looking for creative content that highlights our products through creative storytelling. Your encouraged to make it fun, insightful and unexpected!
• You may submit digital illustrations, graphic designs, lifestyle photos, (:15) sec Instagram stories, (:15) sec Facebook stories, and (:30) sec lifestyle videos etc. – The artistic medium is open!
• Reel Sportswear products (shirts, caps, bottoms etc.) MUST be central to the artwork. You may redraw or include renders of products found on our website.
• Create your artwork in either of the following dimensions:
– Video: 1920x1080 pixels
– Photo: 2000x2500 pixels
– IG / FB Stories: 1080x1920 pixels
• Please note, if you are selected, you may potentially be asked to provide your artwork in multiple dimension sizes.
• You are encouraged to incorporate Reel Sportswear color palette (see briefing documents) within your artwork.
• We are looking for a fun, vibrant and fresh style that will make people stop when they see the work on our social feeds. The artwork should appeal to 17-25 year old fishermen & women who incorporate angling in their everyday life.
• You are encouraged to include elements that communicate passion and determination within your artwork. Take inspiration from cues you see on a fishing adventure, ie: waterways, channel markers, the environment, metaphors that communicate fishing and the outdoor life.
• You may include our tagline “Wear What Guides Wear” in your content.
• Themes to keep in mind when creating your work: Vibrant Contagious Energetic
• Please avoid making specific claims about our products.
• Please avoid use or mention of other brands.
Reel Sportswear grew out of a small company that started out making shirts for local fisherman. Our values reflect those of a business started by a group of avid fisherman, and the minimalist style they promoted.
OUR MISSION: Build the best product, promote the conservation of marine resources, use business to inspire and influence on our family, friends and our community.
A minimum of 3 and up to 5 pieces of artwork will be selected by Reel Sportswear. The Selected Artists will receive:
• $250 RS Gift Card
• An invitation to the RS Creator Team
• See their artwork featured on RS and partnered social media channels, or other RS designated marketing channels.
• This opportunity is open globally to those who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. Void where prohibited by law.
• Multiple submissions (up to 10) and artist teams are allowed.
• This opportunity is a closed Creative Invite. Submissions will be visible by the public after the entry period has lapsed. We encourage artists to share their submissions on social media after they have been submitted.
• Artists should retain their original artwork files but work must be submitted in JPEG or PNG, max size 10MB.
• Video submissions should be uploaded to YouTube. When submitting your work, provide the link in the description.
• All submissions must be original artwork (meaning not using third party pre-existing copyright and/or stock materials) but can be pre-existing or created especially for this opportunity.
• Submissions must include the Reel Sportswear products. Please note that you may use the material provided by Reel Sportswear solely to respond to this Creative Invite, but all rights in and to this material are reserved by Reel Sportswear. Any ownership in, or usage of, the Work outside of the Creative Invite or any use or public display of any Reel Sportswear trademarks, copyrights, or other provided content, including but not limited to logos, fonts, illustrations, photos, or slogans, is subject to and restricted by Reel Sportswear’s underlying rights in the Reel Sportswear IP; in no event, may an artist obtain a fee, royalty, advertising revenue, or any other payment in exchange for the submission.
• Please read the "THINGS TO CONSIDER" section carefully. Before creating your artwork, please read this Briefing Document and download this Asset Pack.
• Reel Sportswear may modify and/or convert the selected artworks into a different format with the artist's permission.
• The Selected Artists may be asked to modify their design to fit production requirements.
• Selected Artists will be required to sign an artist agreement which assigns all rights, title and interest in and to their work to Reel Sportswear for global usage in exchange for the incentives set forth above.
• Artists not selected retain ownership in the original parts of their work. Please note that submissions cannot be used for personal, non-commercial and portfolio use without Reel Sportswear’s written approval.
• The Selected Artists must respond to Reel Sportswear within one (1) day of receiving the notification email or else will forfeit all incentives.
• Reel Sportswear reserves the right to remove inappropriate, offensive and harmful submissions as well as submissions that do not fit the brief, guidelines or Official Rules.
• No purchase necessary to enter.
• Reel Sportswear will select from all qualified submissions. A qualified submission is one which meets all the Terms & Conditions, Guidelines and Official Rules.
• Once the submission period has lapsed, Reel Sportswear will choose the Top Ten (10) submissions.
• Those Ten (10) submissions will be voted on by the Reel Sportswear community on Facebook & Instagram. Submissions with the most votes will be selected.
• Launch: April 24, 2020 at 4:00 PM
• Submission Deadline: June 24, 2020 at 12:00 PM
• Selection Period Starts: June 24, 2020 at 12:00 PM
• Creators Selected: July 5, 202020 at 12PM Noon
All times are in Centeral Time.