Well here is a fancy holiday redfish recipe.
There are many ways to prepare a good redfish meal, but this one is pretty fancy. Check out how famous Chef Emeril Lagasse cooks up a whole redfish suited for a feast!
3 TO 4 SERVINGS
- Approximately 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for brushing fish
- 2/3 cup each chopped onion, celery and green bell pepper (2 cups mirepoix, in all)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup chopped chorizo sausage (about 1 link), rendered and drained
- 1 cup chopped leeks, white parts only
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked shrimp or crawfish
- Creole spice
- Pinch fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 4 to 5 pound red fish, cleaned, scaled and gutted
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Blanched white asparagus, for serving
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a small skillet, add half of chopped vegetable mirepoix and saute 2 to 3 minutes until softened; season to taste with salt and pepper. Add chorizo and leeks and cook 2 minutes. Add shrimp, toss to mix and season with Creole spice and thyme. Add bread crumbs and cook a few moments more, just until mixture is heated through. Transfer to a bowl to cool. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Open a pocket in top of fish by cutting down one side of the backbone. Pocket should be about 6 inches wide. Season pocket and stomach cavity generously with salt, pepper and Creole spice; transfer fish to a baking sheet. Stuff half of stuffing into pocket and remainder into cavity. Brush entire fish with olive oil.
Make a salsa: combine tomatoes with remaining cup of chopped vegetable mirepoix and about 1 1/2 tablespoons oil; season with Creole spice. Spoon salsa over entire fish. Roast 20 minutes, until just cooked through. To serve, transfer fish to a large platter and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil. Remove fish from bone at table.
TRY THIS RECIPE OUT AND LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.
WHAT'S YOUR REDFISH MEAL? LET US KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW...